Question
Posted by: Rene | 2007/05/15

Using Lamictin in conjunction with Yasmi

Hi Doc,
Please could you advise. I have been using Lamictin for a year now and have gone on the contraception Yasmin 3 weeks ago. I read in the Yasmin booklet that you should not use the two in conjuncion. I have also experienced migraines which is one of the side affects and have noticed my one nipple has gone bigger than the other and after having a breast reduction 3 years ago I don't want to risk the hormones changing my breast size again. I was really hoping it would help with my extreme PMS and excessive bleeding but understand there could be anohter underlying problem. I have had a sore lump under my right armpit for 3 yrs and since using Yasmin the pain and swelling has subsided. Therefor I have had good and bad results this far. Question: should i carry on using Yasmin for a while to see the benefits or should I stop till i have seen a gynae?
Thank you and have a good day.

You should stop. Lamictin interferes with the action of the Pill.