Posted by: KATHY | 2008/10/20

using clomid

my period started on 2nd october, i took clomid from days 5 - 9 of my cycle. when will i ovulate? i have slight cramping and breast tenderness and fullness? please assist me?

Dear Kathy

The exact day of ovulation may vary depending on sensitivity of the individual to Clomid. In some patients ovulation may occur as early as day 10 whereas in others even though on Clomid ovulation may take up to 18 days and in some cases may not happen at all. Therefore despite using Clomid it is still necessary to utilise ovulation monitoring processes such as the urine testing kits or alternately ultrasound follicle tracking.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Posted by: SR | 2008/10/22

My Dr sends me for CD21 Progesterone to determine if i ovulated or not.

Reply to SR
Posted by: Ilze | 2008/10/20

Hi there.

I actually have the same question. My cycle started today, so i will be taking clomid days 5 - 9. I would like to confirm my ovulation with a bloodtest at Pathcare..but when should i go ? I phoned and they seemed to say day 21 ? but that doesn' t sound right ....... my average cycle length is 26 days.
PLEASE help me..

Reply to Ilze