Question
Posted by: Lily | 2004/09/30

Use of Lilly-Fluoxetine

Does the use of this anti-depressant have any major effect on the simultanious use of Nordette (or any other birthcontrol)? How would my libido be affected by use of Lilly?

Actually, these are two different questions, wrapped into one. I'm not aware of any likely interaction problem betwen Fluoxetine and contraceptives, but to be certain, ask your pharmacist, or the pharmacist at a nearby supermarket, as they can more readily check the reference books and the package insert which ought to be included in each package of the tablets. Libido COULD be affected. As I've often discussed in this forum, most of the modern antidepressants CAN reduce libido, in SOME of the people taking them, though you are on the whole likely to be unaffected