Our expert says:
A Brilliant daily supplement for you and baby is Bio-Strath Elixir or tablets. It is nature made and clinically proven to be very effective for pregnant ladies.
The urinary infections is not a good sign. Please do see a homeopath to help you clear this problem quickly and effectively.
THE FIRST 3 MONTHS You have discovered that you have fallen pregnant! Pregnancy under the right circumstances is a joyous experience. The support system of parents, family and friends kicks into action, providing a nurturing environment for the expectant mother to flourish. In the absence of this support system, pregnancy endured alone by the mother can be a daunting uphill battle. The emotional aspect of pregnancy is most important as the unborn child is influenced by the fears, joys and sadness which are experienced by the mother. The ideal would be a calm, quiet life, where the unborn child can develop in peace with as little interference as possible. For few this ideal holds true! For most expectant mothers, the pregnancy is just another added strain to an already overloaded life of work, home, family and commitments. In today’s world it is even more essential to stop for a few moments to reflect on the event taking place and to put good plans into place to ensure a comfortable and healthy pregnancy. The decisions made will have a bearing on the birth and all which that entails as well. Pregnancy gives you an opportunity to experience life in a way which will change your outlook forever. The miracle of creation cannot but move you. Aim to enjoy the nine months with your child as a union. It is a unique opportunity, never to be repeated with this child, ever! Be willing to change, because you will!
1. Be very practical once you know you are pregnant. Decide who will be your care-giver during the 9 month gestation period. Find out about midwives, gynaecologists and GPs who specialise in births. Decide whether you would like a home birth, or whether you would prefer to go to hospital. Once you have decided what you would like to do, put the necessary appointments in place. Make your bookings with the hospital, etc. pay deposits or notify your medical aid. With this ‘nitty-gritty’ out the way, you will have a clear idea of who and where will feature in the months to come.
2. Have your general health assessed. This should in fact have been done before you decided to fall pregnant! It is a good idea to go into pregnancy as well as you could possibly be as the demands of pregnancy on the body is great. Knowing your state of health and fitness will give you a base-line to work from to maintain or to improve in the months ahead.
3. The first three months of the pregnancy is most probably the most crucial as the baby’s brain and central nervous system forms during this time. Now is not the time to use alcohol, or to smoke, or to use any medication if it can be helped. Even the use of vitamin and mineral supplements should be minimal during the first 3 months. Avoid crowds to prevent possible viral infections, especially if you have not had German measles. A viral infection, or any other infection for that matter, at this time, is best avoided as it can cause irreversible harm to the unborn child.
4. Good nutrition should be adhered to from day one! In fact, good nutrition should be part of the preparation for the pregnancy, if one wants to ensure optimum health for mother and child. This of course also applies to the father as his nutritional status can be reflected in his sperm quality which is very important indeed at the time of impregnation. Please read the Basic Good Health Diet Sheet which is included in the set of documents given to you with this leaflet. Good nutrition will ensure optimum levels of nutrients for mother and child while also helping the mother to maintain a moderate weight gain through the pregnancy.
5. Exercise plays a vital part in an easy and healthy pregnancy. Get into the habit of walking for 20 minutes each day to promote a healthy heart, circulation and to control the blood pressure. Walking daily should be a pleasure and not a bind! Find safe routes away from dense traffic to minimise the inhalation of toxic exhaust fumes.
6. Above all, use the first three months to adjust to the idea of pregnancy. Get used to the changes in your breasts; accept the subtle changes in your mood; learn to laugh at your sudden likes and dislikes in foods and drinks and other people’s perfume!
What should you look out for in the first 3 months? (a) Any unusual bleeding – Go straight to your doctor or midwife. (b) High fever - Immediately get to your doctor (c) Morning sickness which is more than just a fleeting early morning nausea, excessive vomiting leading to dehydration –
excessive nausea preventing eating regular meals. First line help here would be to see a homoeopath who could prescribe a remedy which does not carry the risk of side effects. Over the counter remedies for morning sickness are: Natura Magen Drops Weleda Amara Drops A Vogel’s Indigestion Formula
(d) Increased desire to urinate – if this is associated with fever and pain, then immediately see your doctor or homoeopath If the desire is present with no fever, pain, blood in the urine, it could be because of the pressure of the enlarging uterus on the bladder. Try not to stand for long periods of time. Empty the bladder in a squatting position. Drink more water to dilute the urine if it is too concentrated.
(e) To begin with the body might require more rest and you will feel quite sleepy. This is normal. You might feel more energetic, enjoy your heightened energy levels! You might have no libido, or you might have an increased desire for sex; whichever way your body chooses to respond, respect it and do not go into a position of judgement or expectation. Remember pregnancy is a perfectly normal state for your body to find itself in. You are not sick! Your body is firmly in control, with nature taking its course. 3 MONTHS - 6 MONTHS Somewhere around 4 months you could feel the first flutter of movement of your baby! This is a big day! For the first time Mom it is easily missed as it is a very distinctive sensation, which is not always recognised when it first happens. The baby’s movements soon become much stronger and you cannot mistake it for anything else. There are few sensations in life which are as memorable and satisfying as to feel one’s child being full of life! The deep bond between mother and child will be firmly in place by now. Slowly the growing baby becomes visible and the waistline all but disappears.
1. Early morning sickness should by now be much less or completely gone. If you are still having problems with nausea, talk to your homoeopath about help in the form of safe remedies and your diet. It could be that a deficiency in protein and B vitamins could be at the root of the problem. Supplementation of nutrients can start now.
2. Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Extract and Urticalcin are the most outstanding supplements for pregnant and lactating mothers. It is safe to use with all conditions which could present during pregnancy. Regular use of Bio-Strath and Urticalcin and following a good diet can prevent anaemia during pregnancy.
3. At three months of pregnancy it is a good idea to start taking minerals in the form of tissue salts daily. The pregnancy lactation tissue salts are: - Calc Phos - Ferrum Phos
- Calcium Fluor - Kali Phos The regular supplementation of minerals, Urticalcin and Bio-Strath throughout the pregnancy will go a long way to prevent deficiencies which could result in ailments. The supplements are totally safe and can be used by all pregnant women.
4. By now you should be visiting your midwife, gynaecologist or general practitioner on a regular monthly basis to check your blood pressure, to listen to the baby’s heartbeat and to check your urine for protein which would indicate the start of toxaemia, a dangerous toxic condition for mother and child. Your weight should be noted to ensure a reasonable gain which would indicate that all is fine. Your doctor might also recommend a scan to determine if the baby is growing as it should. This should be optional and not compulsory. By examining the abdomen of the expectant mother and by listening to the unborn’s heartbeat, enough information is gleaned to make a good decision on the wellbeing of mother and child. Try to interfere as little as possible in the silent, private world of your child. If abnormalities are suspected, invasive exploration is called for. Why subject a mother to all sorts of possibilities simply because technology allows it? This is where a good relationship between yourself and your caregiver will pay off. Allow only that which you wish to tolerate! Do not be pushed into examinations to satisfy curiosity. A well baby will grow at a certain pace, which is measurable to the trained eye. Should something be wrong, nature has its own way of dealing with it. You need to have the necessary trust in your own body and the order of nature.
5. Keeping fit should be a priority. Remember to walk regularly.
6. Do not become constipated! Many pregnant women find themselves developing haemorrhoids which can be very painful and distressing. Remember the strain on the circulatory system happens due to the extra flow of blood in the pelvic area together with the pressure of the growing baby. This can lead to constipation, haemorrhoids and varicose veins. To avoid developing varicose veins and haemorrhoids, it is necessary to walk regularly and not to become constipated. Avoid standing for long periods. Rather sit on a barstool when cooking! Avoid very hot baths as this will contribute to varicose veins and haemorrhoids.
7. Many pregnant women suffer from indigestion from the 4th month. This is due to the position of the baby in relation to the stomach. It could of course also be caused by the silly cravings women develop during pregnancy. Avoid coffee, tea, sugar and fruit juices together with cakes, pastries, biscuits and other refined wheat products if you have a problem with stomach hyperacidity. Dr Vogel’s Indigestion Formula will prove to be very helpful with this irritating condition.
8. Now is the time to sort out the nursery. The expectant father’s help can be very valuable to redecorate a room or to freshly paint a cot. Remember to use lead-free paint on all your entire baby’s furniture as they will chew on anything as they grow up! 6 MONTHS - 9 MONTHS By now your body has swung fully into pregnant mode! Your hormones have changed significantly to increase your progesterone levels. This can make you feel quite sleepy and lethargic. Elevated progesterone levels assist the body to become softer and more lax, allowing the tissues room to stretch to accommodate the growing uterus and baby. Very often women feel a lower backache due to the relaxing muscles. They can also experience an urge to want to urinate more due to the added pressure of the uterus onto the bladder. The size of the labia and vulva can enlarge. Breasts become softer and bigger, preparing themselves for the future milk production. Water retention can become a problem causing swollen ankles, hands and face. Blood pressure can become elevated. Sleeping can become difficult due to the extra weight and size of the baby. Sometimes babies are so active, the mother struggles to get enough rest! Luckily there is help at hand with this final stage of the pregnancy.
1. Backache: The remedy Bellis Perenis 30ch is invaluable to help here. Ask your homoeopath for it.
2. Water Retention: This condition can indicate insufficient functioning of the kidneys and it should not be ignored. Ask your homoeopath or other caregiver to diagnose whether your water retention is due to kidneys which need help, or whether it is poor circulation and lymph drainage which is at fault. For the kidneys Dr Vogel’s Nephrosolid drops work well to assist with drainage. If it is circulatory, then Dr Vogel’s Circulation Formula drops or Venaforce capsules are called for. All these remedies are safe to use.
3. Elevated blood pressure is best treated by a professional person. Remember to reduce your intake of salt and other sodium rich foods such as spinach, mushrooms and rhubarb if you have a blood pressure problem. Regular exercise will help a lot to maintain a good blood pressure. Anxiety can of course be the main reason why blood pressure goes up. It is quite normal to be apprehensive about the final stages of the pregnancy and the birth. Reassure yourself by talking to your caregiver, or to your mother, or any other woman who has had the experience you are now going through. Remember nature knows how to grow your baby and it also knows how to give birth to it. Trust it!
4. Rescue Remedy has saved many a hectic day in pregnancy! It will calm you and your baby, helping you to get a good night’s rest. Use pillows between your knees to make you lie more comfortable at night. A small pillow under the baby will help to reduce the tension on the small of the back when you are lying on your side.
5. The birth: Here it is necessary that you are as informed as possible about the processes taking place in your body. Ignorance is not bliss! The first stage of the delivery can take up to 6 hours, while the contractions steadily increase. Nature is not to be hurried! While you are strong, and the baby’s heartbeat is strong, a check being done every hour or so, all is going well. To give birth is a very physical thing to do. You will fare better if you are fit. It will be painful, in fact, it is very painful. Do not expect it to be a walk in the park. At the time pain relief can be very alluring. Rather resist the temptation and flow with the process. Gentle massage of the lower back helps to relieve the intensity of the pain, as well as gentle and steady walking. Surround yourself with people who will care and support you at this time. The final stage of the birth has a rhythm all of its own. Nature is in the driving seat with your body following orders like a well trained soldier! The process can take as long as an hour, or a few minutes, depending on your own individual situation. The giving of life to another entity to live and love on earth is momentous. Do not miss a moment of this experience by resorting to drugs or invasive procedures. A medical emergency calls for all the human skills we have developed to sustain life, but this is a truly rare situation. Too many births have become medical procedures for the sake of convenience for either the parents or the practitioner. You need to be brave to have a baby!
6. Caulophyllum 30 CH is a wonderful aid to bring the birth to a happy ending. Also ask your homoeopath about this remedy.
7. After the birth the usefulness of Bellis Perenis 30 CH is shown again to restore the internal organs to their previous positions. Ask your homoeopath for this remedy.
8. Remember, you have gone through an exhausting physical, mental and emotional experience. Give yourself a few days to rest and to get to know your baby.
9. Dr Vogel’s Hypericum Herbal drops: 10 drops to 250ml water, is a gentle soothing antiseptic to wash your vagina regularly after the birth. The same dilution can be used to clean the baby’s umbilical cord to dry it speedily and to prevent infection.
10. Remember to eat well. Now is not the time to miss meals because the baby is keeping you too busy! Even a simple meal of fruits, some nuts and honey is better than having a cup of coffee to keep you going. Take your Bio-Strath, your 4 tissue salts and your Urticalcin. This you can maintain for as long as you are breastfeeding, which should, for your own and your baby’s sake, be not less than 4-6 months
11. Most women become weepy after it is all over. Now the hard work of taking care of a baby, while trying to run a home, and in many instances while holding down a job, takes its toll. Sepia 30CH taken twice per day for a few days will help to calm the nerves and steel you for all your responsibilities. Do the best you can. You will most probably have days you would not like to remember. That is quite normal. You are not perfect! You are human, and just look at the miracle you helped to make happen!
COMMON AILMENTS DURING PREGNANCY
Homoeopathic remedies are generally safe to use during pregnancy. If you need to have specialised help do not hesitate to consult with your homoeopath.
1. Nausea - Natura Magen drops
- Weleda Amara drops
- Bioforce Gastronol tabs
2. Diarrhoea - Natura Diarrhoea drops
- Bioforce Gastronol tabs
- Bioflora caps
3. Indigestion - Natura Acidoflora drops
- Bioforce Indigestion drops
4. Colds - Bioforce Cold Formula drops
- Natura Gripless 2 drops
5. Influenza - Bioforce Influaforce drops
- Bioforce Echinaforce drops
- Natura Gripless 1 drops and 2 tabs
- Heel Gripheel tabs
6. Insomnia - Bioforce Nervousness Insomnia Formula drops
- Natura Nerva 3 drops
- Weleda Avena Satisa drops
7. Water Retention - Bioforce Nephrosolid Kidney drops
- Natura Diureta drops
8. Haemorrhoids - Bioforce Haemorrhoid Formula drops
- Bioforce Venaforce caps
- Natura Hemorrho 2 drops
- Calc. Fluor tissue salts tabs
- Natura Hemorrho Plus ointment
9. Varicose veins - Bioforce Venaforce caps
- Bioforce Circulation Formula drops
- Natura Hemrrho 1 drops
10. Constipation - Bioforce Gastronol tabs
- Bioforce Linoforce Granules
- Natura Segiro drops
11. Anaemia - Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Tonic
- Natura Alfalfa Tonic
- Ferrum Phos
- Natura Yster tabs
12 Hair and nails - Bioforce Urticalcin tabs
weak - Bio-Strath
13. Preparation - Heel Traumeel tabs
For Caesar - Natura Arnica tabs
Delivery - Bioforce Arnica drops
14. Anxiety – stress - Natura Rescue tabs or liquid
- Bioforce Nervousness – Insomnia Formula drops
- Bioforce Neuroforce drops
- Kali Phos tabs
- Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Tonic Liquid
15. Vaginal Thrush - Bioflora caps
- Natura Venera drops
- Thursday Plantation 15% Tea Tree Oil into bath
- Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Cream to apply
16. Headaches - Bioforce Boldocynara drops
- Natura Nervuton 1 drops
17. Skin rashes - Bioforce Eczema Formula drops
Eczema - Natura Herpin 1 and 2 drops
- Bioforce 7 Herb Cream to apply externally
18. Bites and stings - Natura Organo 1 drops
- Ledum 30CH Homoeopathic pills
- Thursday Plantation 100% Tea Tree Oil externally
19. Sore Throat - Bioforce Echinaforce drops
- Natura Pharyna drops
20. Bladder affections - Bioforce Bladder Irritation drops
- Natura Urina drops
Some Advice from Dr Vogel
During pregnancy and even afterwards, the mother’s happiness is often marred by such troubles as phlebitis (inflammation of the veins), thrombosis and embolism. A few words of advice on how to help and perhaps even avoid these problems will undoubtedly be welcomed by all mothers. There are certain herbs which, when combined, work wonders for the veins. In cases of phlebitis, varicose veins and thrombosis this blend is so effective that we are happy to name the herbs for the benefit of expectant and nursing mothers. They are:
- St John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum),
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium), and
- Arnica root (Arnica montana)
Tea made with these herbs is an excellent remedy for the aforementioned troubles. All expectant mothers should make a note of this simple remedy because it has brought fast relief to hundreds of women, particularly nursing mothers, who suffered from varicose veins and ulcerated legs. These herbs are available at most health shops but consult your homoeopath first.
The therapeutic action of each of the herbs is as follows. The fresh plant extract made from St John’s Wort flowers and buds is an effective wound-healing remedy, as is St John’s Wort oil. It is an excellent remedy for severe pain in cases of injury to the nerves, concussion and injuries to the spinal cord; where the nerves are badly affected; for post-operative pains and for neuralgias, especially headaches resulting from mental strain and over-exertion.
Yarrow, or millefolium, fresh plant extract is primarily indicated as a remedy for varicosis, haemorrhoids, varicose veins, venous obstructions in the abdomen and in the legs, also when there is a rush of blood to the head, frequent and excessive nose-bleeding, and haemorrhaging of the bladder.
Arnica is another good remedy for the treatment of the veins, mainly in cases of stagnation of blood in veins and injuries to the soft tissue; it also relieves the symptoms of aching, heavy, tired legs and ankles. Moreover, Arnica has an extraordinary effect in helping to restore the mother’s organs after childbirth. Varicose veins, which are often a feature of pregnancy, can be combated by means of this plant. It is also an excellent and reliable remedy for high blood pressure, even after a stroke, heart trouble or any similar disturbance caused by restriction to the veins. Arnica has proved its worth in the treatment of ulcerated legs, but for this purpose the extract made from the root, not the flowers, is indicated. The flowers and the tincture obtained from them are only for external use.
An excellent tonic for the veins is Venaforce, a fresh herb preparation made from horse chestnut, sweet clover, witch hazel and arnica. The medicinal value of horse chestnut for the venous circulation has been clinically proved. Witch hazel is also prized for venous problems, and can be used internally and externally. Sweet clover strengthens the capillaries and improves the venous return, and since arnica stimulates the circulation, it is an ideal choice to complement the other fresh herbs.
For a trouble-free pregnancy and confinement it is further advisable to take the calcium preparation Urticalcin, in addition to the fresh herbs already indicated, together with a natural vitamin supplement, such as Bio-Strath Elixir.
Dealing with Calcium and Silica deficiencies
It can happen that some time after the baby is born a mother develops signs of trouble with the glands and the lungs, possibly even tuberculosis. In such cases the disease has usually been latent, or the susceptibility to it was already present. Great demands are made on the body during pregnancy, which could cause an inherent weakness to manifest itself. It is generally known that the growing foetus requires large amounts of calcium in its development, so if the mother does not take care to provide her body with the necessary calcium – which she could well do – nature will not allow the unborn baby to suffer. As the foetus cannot look after itself, the calcium it is lacking will be automatically drawn from the mother’s body, from her bones, teeth and tissues. Of course, this will make her own body deficient. The old saying that “each child costs a mother a tooth’, meaning that the demand for calcium is very great during pregnancy, is all too true. It is therefore important to eat plenty of calcium-rich foods during pregnancy, especially raw foods and, if possible, in a form that is easily absorbed. Finely grated raw carrots, cabbage salad, raw sauerkraut and other foods rich in calcium should be eaten daily. Calcium obtained from nettles, for example, and other plants is much more readily assimilated. In addition, it will be necessary to take silica. Plants containing silica, such as horsetail, hemp nettle and various others, are ideally suited for this purpose. Vitamin D is also essential, for if it is lacking, calcium will not be fully assimilated and utilised by the body. Oranges, cod-liver oil, various emulsions containing cod-liver oil, and all natural products and nutriments containing vitamin D are indicated for this purpose. Spending 15 minutes outside in sunlight will also supply the body with Vitamin D. Another important factor to consider is the efficiency of the kidneys and the skin. If these excretory organs are in any way obstructed, accumulations of uric acid and other metabolic waste matter will cause metabolic disorders and may prevent the assimilation of calcium. Special attention must be given to the way you eat, that is, you should eat slowly, chewing the food thoroughly so that it becomes well mixed with saliva. Returning to calcium for a moment, it has been observed that lack of calcium causes disturbances in the glands with internal secretions; the lymph glands can also be impaired. This can lead to flatulence, internal fermentation and putrefaction in the bowels, thus poisoning the system.
If all these factors are considered and care is taken to avoid the problems described, you will have a fairly good chance of escaping illness. It is, of course, impossible to evade every infection, but a bloodstream supplied with Urticalcin can deal with them much more easily. So, if your teeth are bad, if you are susceptible to colds, sore throats or other infectious diseases, of if you suffer from swollen glands, then you would do well to take the advice given. Why not put into practice the wisdom of the old proverb, “Prevention is better than cure”? There is no more appropriate time to get into the habit of recognising suspicious symptoms and taking the required steps to counteract them.
Nutrition and exercise
Anyone who appreciates the importance of proper nutrition will readily understand that the food of the mother-to-be should be as natural and free from additives as possible. As regards quantity, she need not eat more than she was used to before she became pregnant. A pregnant woman should make sure to inhale plenty of oxygen to guarantee the best conditions for the child’s development. This is best achieved by undertaking activities outdoors in the fresh air, for example by taking walks in the countryside, in parks, or on the beach. Busy roads and streets with a lot of traffic polluting the air should be avoided.
Alcohol, nicotine and radiation
It should be sufficiently well known today that alcohol in the body at the moment of conception may already have frightful consequences. It is therefore utterly irresponsible to beget and bear children while indulging in alcohol. Unfortunately, this often happens after parties where heavy drinking has taken place, even though such thoughtlessness may lead to a tragedy. Every mother-to-be should understand the risk and dangers of alcohol and make it her duty to abstain from it throughout her pregnancy. It is equally irresponsible of women to smoke during pregnancy and while nursing. Research has shown that only a few hours after smoking, nicotine is already present in the mother’s milk. Who, then, can guarantee that during pregnancy the poison will not reach the placenta – and the unborn baby – just as quickly? If at all possible, X-rays, radium therapy and any other type of radiation used in modern therapies should be avoided. Unfortunately, it is impossible to escape the radiation that contaminates the air as a result of nuclear explosion drifts, since it is not in our power to do anything about it.
Every pregnant woman should firmly refuse to take chemical medicines for headaches or similar complaints; nor should she take sleep-inducing drugs. Most of us will remember the shocking news about thalidomide and the tragedy it caused to possibly thousands of mothers who gave birth to deformed babies. This example alone should warn and convince any pregnant woman of the great danger of taking chemical medicines during pregnancy and while still nursing. Then it was thalidomide, tomorrow it will perhaps be a sulphonamide, and later it may be yet another product that will trigger the damage. Thus, it is better to use chemicals to clean your windows and floors and put them to other technical uses, but do not take them as medicines.
Pregnant women should take note and value their maternal duties more highly than the desire to use chemical medicines to obtain quick relief from headaches, indisposition or insomnia. On the other hand, there are plenty of harmless remedies made from plants that will help to alleviate such temporary problems. So why expose yourself to danger and reap irreversible consequences? Experience continues to confirm that natural remedies can truly aid a person without producing harmful after effects. Nevertheless, because of the unnatural conditions and unhealthy views to which we are subjected in this day and age, many people still seem to find it more expedient to rely on excuses rather than trying to cure their ailments in a natural way. The results of their mistaken thinking should be evidence enough that the apparent detour required to adopt more natural means of healing is definitely worthwhile.
Extracts from: The Nature Doctor – Dr H C A Vogel
Urticalcin Tablets. Application No. U959 (Act 101/1965). Each tablet contains Calcium carb. Hahnem. D4 0.50 mg, Calcium Phos D6 0.50 mg, Natrium phos D6 0.50 mg, Silicea D6 2.50 mg and Urtica D1 10.00 mg in a tablet base composed of lactose, potato starch and magnesium stearate.
Boldocynara Liquid Application No. U876 (Act 101/1965). Each 1ml contains Cynara scolymus Ø 421mg, Silybum matianum Ø 293mg, Taraxacum off. Ø 110mg, Peumus boldus Ø 64mg and Menta piperita Ø 27mg. Alcohol content 60% v/v.
Nephrosolid Liquid Application No. U927 (Act 101/1965). Each 1ml contains Solidago Virgauren Ø 635mg, Betula Pensula Ø 166mg, Ononis Spinosa Ø 64mg Equisetum arvense Ø 55mg, Alcohol 62% v/v
Circulation Formula Application No. U892 (Act/Wet 101/1965) Contains Veratrum album D4, Ginkgo biloba D2, Cactus grandiflorus D1, Ammi visnaga D1, Secale cornutum D6, Carbo vegetabilis D12, Hypercum perforatum D6, in equal parts. Alcohol 60% v/v
Echinaforce Liquid. Application No. U613 (Act 101/1965), contains per 1.0g fresh Echinacea purpurea herb mother tincture 950 mg and fresh Echinacea purpurea root mother tincture 5 mg. Alchohol content 65% v/v.
Echinaforce Tablets. Each tablet contains 400 mg of concentrated Echinacea purpurea extract (herba 95% and radix 5%).
Echinaforce Junior Tablets. Each tablet contains 250 mg of concentrated Echinacea purpurea extract (herba 95% and radix 5%) equivalent to the active ingredients of 107 mg of fresh Echinacea purpurea plant.
Indigestion Formula. Application No.U918 (Act 1021/1965). Each ml contains Abrotanum D1 153 mg, Belladonna D6 153 mg, Chionanthus virginicus D6 153 mg, Haronga madag.: Folium c. cortex sicc. T. (=D1) 153 mg, Robinia pseudoacacia D2, Nux vomica D6 150 mg.
Arnica D6 Liquid Application No. U589 (Act/Wet 101/1965) Contains Arnica D6. Alcohol content 50% v/v
Hypericum Perforatum Application No. U912 (Act/Wet 101/1965) Alcohol content 67% v/v
Venaforce contains (Awaiting info on Application No. etc. from Jannie Barnard)
Varicose Veins Formula Application U962 (Act 101/1965) Contains Fagopyrum esculentum D3, Ruta graveolens D3, Silybum marianum D2, Nux Vomica D6, Aesculus hippocastanum D6, Sepia officinalis D8, Collinsonia Canadensis D3, in equal parts. Alcohol content: 55% v/v
Gastronol Tablets. Application No.U622 (Act 101/1965). Each tablet contains Aesculus D4 20.00 mg, Alumina D8 20.00 mg, Argentum nitricum D4 20.00 mg, Bryonia D4 10.00 mg, Colocynthis D4 10.00 mg in a tablet base composed of lactose, magnesium stearate and potato starch.
Cold Formula Application No. U654 (Act/Wet 101/1965) Contains Teucrium scorodonia D1, Luffa operculata D6, Hydrastis canadensis D4, Pulsatilla pratensis D6, Sambucus nigra D2, Hedera helix D5, Aralia racemosa D2, in equal parts. Alcohol content: 60% v/v
Influaforce Application No. U920 (Act/Wet 101/1965) Contains Baptista tinctoria D3, Eupatorium perfoliatum D6, Echinacea purpurea D3, Bryonia alba D4, Aconitum napellus D4, Gelsemium D4, Ferrum phosphoricum D6, Lachesis D10, in equal parts. Alcohol content 50% v/v.
Nervousness and Insomnia Formula Application No. U929 (Act/Wet 101/1965) Contains Lupulinum D2, Avena sativa D2, Zincum valerianicum D6, Passiflora incarnata D2, Petasites off. D4, in equal parts. Alchohol content: 65% v/v
Linoforce (Linseed and Senna)
Eczema Formula Application No. U614 (Act/Wet 101/1965) Contains Viola tricolor D2, Lappa major D2, Bellis perennis D3, Rhus toxicodendron D30, Berberis aquifolium D1, Vinca minor D3, Solidago virgaurea D1, in equal parts. Alcohol content: 56%
Bladder Irritation Formula. Application No. U875 (Act 101/1965). Contains Berberis vulgaris D3, Chimaphila umbellate D2, Helleboris niger D3, Lamium album D1, Lespedeza capitata D3, Pareira brava D2, Solidago virgaurea D1, Viola tricolour D3.
All products are available from Pharmacies and Health Stores
For more information please contact:
SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P O Box 2,
Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000
Fax: 031 7838080
This leaflet is not intended as a medical diagnosis, and in no way excludes the necessity of a diagnoses from a health practitioner. Its intent is solely informational and educational.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.