Posted by: anxious | 2008/07/29

I was due to go for my monthly blood/urine tests Sat this week - then last week I discovered I picked the wrong dam week - I have my period this week! I dont like handing in urine tests during my period time - its just me despite my gp saying its not really a problem! So I decided to hand my urine in today instead - just instead of Sat. I got a phone call from my gp this am asking me if I had had any problems/symptoms of any sort. I said " No, why?! He said no because my urine was showing up nitrates and thinks it might be an infection problem, he just wondered if I had any problems of any sort. I said I had just been going to the loo a lot, but dont normally phone about that on its own. My question is my brother' s charming African Grey kindly chomped my finger last Sat and Sun this week it looked as if was starting to get infected. So I asked a pharmacist at Clicks and she agreed and gave me Bactroban ointment to put on but said I MUST speak to my gp if it seems to be worse after 3 days - I never mentioned this to my gp so far because I was going to ask him about it Sat. Should I have said something this am? ie can this have anything to do with my urine results? I have to phone tomorrow pm.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Anxious

No the parrot bite should not have any effect on the urine tests. As you know nitrites are a sign of bacteria in the urine and you may have an asymptomatic infection again?

You can continue with the Bactroban on the finger unless it looks like a cellulitis is developing. The African Greys are so cute but I must admit I am a bit scared to hold them!