Question
Posted by: jayne | 2004/12/13

urine strong odour

i,ve noticed over the past few weeks that my urine has a strong odour. im not going to the toilet anymore than usual and my urine doesnt burn. i have had quite alot of lower back pain and am feeling tired. i dont have a vaginal discharge so wondered is it worth going to my gp. many thanks

It probably is worth having a check-up.

1
Posted by: science | 2004/12/14

What color is your urine? Are you drinking enough water? Your urine should be colorless or at most a very pale straw color if you are properly hydrated. You might have an infections somewhere along your renal tract, even though there is no burning. The back ache might be a sign of it. So maybe good idea to see your GP after all.

Silly question - you haven't by chance been eating asparagus regularly. That causes a strong odor in urine. Also, are you on a low carb diet? that can also cause urine odor.

Reply to science