Question
Posted by: anne | 2007/03/12

urine

i would like to know why is my husbands urine so orange whenever he goes to the toilet he goes a dark orange and i am concerned

Dear Anne
It can be due to him not taking in enough fluid, it can be blood in the urine, or something that he drinks or eats or a vitamin he takes that colours the urine - needs to be tested by a doctor rather.

1
Posted by: billy | 2007/03/12

I am not a doctor but have experience with blood in my urine and went through a barrage of tests before the cause was discovered.
blood in the urine (haematuria) could be caused by many things.
Joggers and runners commonly see blood in their urine.
it could be prostate trouble, a simple urinary tract infection and even certain foods (berries and beetroot for example)can darken the urine or turn it red. Bilharzia also shows up as blood in the urine.
I would implore you to visit a urologist or even your GP as blood in the urine should Never be ignored.

Reply to billy