Posted by: Concerned | 2008/10/18

Urinary tract infection?

Hi doc,

About 2 years ago I had a not-so-serious UTI. I was recommended an ' alkali drink'  of some sort and the infection went away within 1 week or so.

About 4 days ago I started getting that ' itching/tickeling'  sensation just inside the tip of my urethra. There' s no pain at all, but I have noticed that my groins right lymph gland is slightly swollen. And just today I have noticed that I have a very slight ' cloudy'  discharge (hardly noticable, but there).

Should I just treat this as a regular UTI or should I get to a doctor?

Thanks in advance...

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult your GP for a urine MC&S (urine analysis), urethral swab, as well as a STD screening. He/she will also have to prescribe the correct antibiotics, depending on the results of the tests.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.