Posted by: bugs | 2008/07/02

urinary tract infection

hi doc., about 3 weeks ago my boyfiend aged 20 started getting serve pains in his side it was swollen and he was urinating a small amount of blood. we went to a doc and he did a urine test and said he has urinary tract infection and gave him some pain killers and an anti biotic. but the anti biotic seems to be making the pain worst and he is still urinating blood. i would like to know is their a possiblity that he could have kidney stones? and what could we do to cure the infection we tried beer but to no avail. is their certain food / drinks that he should be avoiding ?
what is the cause of this infection i know that it is most common in women.

please help has he is in alot of pain.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear bugs
He actually needs to take a antispasmodic like Buscopan, and he needs to be monitored, he may need a sonar or IVP and if there are stones and they don't come out by themselves, he needs to have them removed surgically or per laser. Please go back to the doctor or get a second opinion?
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.