Question
Posted by: S | 2007/03/12

Urinary tract infection?

I'd just like advice on smething that is bothering me, should I wait for it to get better or should I rather see a physician...

Ok... Saw a friend on thursday last week. We were in the parking lot about to leave when he decided to have a whole new conversation. In the mean time, I felt that I really had to urinate, urgently, but didn't do anything as I thought it was rude. Left 10 minutes later, and when I finally got a toilet, it was quite painful. However, two days later I found that it is painful when I do urinate, especially towards the end. It is like a sharp pain I get from my bladder or so? Could it be that I have strained something (a muscle), will it heal and go away, or is it maybe infection or something else? I also (for some reason) have the need to urinate more frequently (having more pain), even if it is just a few drops.

I'm male and 27, I have never experiences anything like this before.

Please advice! Thanks.

Dear S
You could have overstretched the bladder - try taking some citrosoda 10 ml in water three times a day and drink liquefruit's cranberry juice. If this doesn't help in about 3 days, rather let your GP test your urine?

1
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/12

Go to your GP, it is definately not a strained muscle, you have all the symptoms of a bladder infection. Dont delay because the longer you leave it the more likely it is to go into your kidneys.

Reply to Lou