Question
Posted by: Quizzie | 2003/03/25

urinary tract infection

Hi, how long does this normally take to clear up - urinary tract infection with AND withour mediation, and is there any way to spead up the "repair" Thanx.

My apologies. This reply was posted yesterday, but somehow it got lost in cyberspace. Here it is again. CD.

3/25/2003 10:22:00 PM
Subjecturinary tract infectionQuestionHi, how long does this normally take to clear up - urinary tract infection with AND withour mediation, and is there any way to spead up the "repair" Thanx.Posted byQuizzie

Quizzie, if you don’t take treatment it might go away by itself, but it might also become chronic and even move up to the kidneys and cause severe problems. If you take the appropriate antibiotics, it should clear up in less than 3 days. You can take anti-inflammatories and drink lots of water to try and speed up the repair. Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2003/03/27

uncomplicated UTI's which are confirmed to be infections by positive lab culture results would require antibiotic treatment and should clear up in 7 - 10 days. More serious infections might require longer antibiotic treatment or might even require hospitalisation if the infection developed into a kidney infection.

Most genuine UTI's usually require antibiotic treatment. I say genuine, because my urologist says UTI cases can often be misdiagnosed as being infections where in fact they are not actual infections and urine samples should always be sent for lab culture testing to confirm the infection.

Reply to anxious