Question
Posted by: nicci | 2004/01/08

Urinary infections

hi there
a few months ago I went to a gynaecologist for a check up and also hoping to find some answers on why I get Urinary infections so often (burning urine) Couldnt find anything wrong. she said if i get it more than 2 times in 6 months to seek alternative help.
I think I must've had it 6 times last year. what do I do?
I'm 23, and sexually active for the last 4 years with only 1 man.
My doctor prescribes Utin 400 and the next morning I'm fine.
By request of the gynae I changed from Diane to Yasmine for incase. No change. and there's no pattern of when I get it.
Please give me some advice.

Thank you!

Nicci, it might be that you don’t take the Utin® for long enough or that there is a problem with your bladder. The best would be to have a urine sample sent away for MC&S next time you have an infection. This will tell you what the cause of the infection is and whether your doctor gave you the correct antibiotic. If it repeats after taking the correct antibiotic, the best would be to see an urologist. Good luck.