Posted by: Anuka | 2009/04/29

Urinal Problems

I am 30 years woman. I have one child which is now 6yrs old. I went through a divorce a year ago. For the past 8-9 months I have experiencing Urinal problems. I cannot control my bladder at night. I have to urinate more frequently and according to the feeling, it feels like my bladder is very full and will almost explode, just to urinate very little. My biggest concern is when I am sleeping. Most times I cannot feel that I have to urinate, when I wake up, then I noticed that I have wetted the bed. This happened every night about 5 months ago. I went to see a GP and he gave me Vesicare. I used it for 4 months non stop, but it did not help. About last month it has stopped happening so frequently, but still happens about once a week. The urine itself is not alot, its very little, but still it worries me that I am an adult and wet my bed. I have to go to the toilet about 3times an hour, and each time it feels like my bladder will explode so full is it. I have monitored it for the past 2 months. This way i get very little sleep, and still once a week I cant feel that I need to urinate. I noticed that this week it has happend EVERYNIGHT again. During the day when I feel I need to urinate it will also feel that I have been holding for hours. If I dont get to a toilet immediately I will wet my pants literarely. I have tried Vesicare and Trofinal again (my mother also uses it) but it is as if it went worse. It has become an embarrasment for me and has affected my social life. I am to scared to go to friends places or sleep over at my girlfriends or family' s place. I am too scared to get involved again into a relationship with another man again. Please help and tell me whats wrong with me

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anuka
You need to see an urologist - you may have a problem with the valve of the bladder or you may have an over active bladder muscle ( also called irritable bladder) It is treatable but you need a proper examination to find the exact cause.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Moedertjie | 2009/05/06

Reply to Moedertjie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.