Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2006/11/13

urgent - whats going on with me?

Hi Doc. Please help me. I am chronically tired. Most weekends, I just cant stop sleeping, I cant breathe, my whole body is tense all the time, my hair is falling out in handfulls, my mind races all the time, I feel like I am heading for burnout. What is this and what should I do about it?

Dear Scorpio
This could have a physical origin like heartproblems or thyroid problems but can also be due to depression or severe anxiety - I would suggest that you ask your GP to do a medical checkup and if all is normal, maybe to evaluate you for underlying depression. There are very effective medicines but you need to know what causes the symptoms to treat this correctly.