Posted by: Ceci | 2008/11/25

urgent urgent reply please!!!

Hi Doc, i' m in an awkward situation right now, and i need your urgent help.At my workplace there is this game , we are having and i can' t participate because i' m just 7 weeks pregnant , i must not take activities like : running, quadbiking, mountatin climbing,etc.

So i explained to my boss but she is just not in a mood to listen to me, she says i must participate but i know i ca' nt do that in my first trimester, please tell me what to do, what do i do in this situation.

I' m very sorry to send this question related to the Gynae it' s just that i need an urgent explanation and the Gynae takes close to three days to reply to questions.

Please help me what do i do, why can' t she understand as a woman, what must i do please help

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

If your boss thinks ANY game, or anything else so frivolous nd stupid, should take precedence over the health of you and your baby, she is a dangerous idiot and should be disciplined by HER boss and instructed to rejoin the real world. She is not allowed by law to do anything that risks you, your baby or your health, and should you feel forced to take part and come to any harm , yopu'd be entitled to sue her for large sums, and ought to do so.
Surely there is an HR person in the company who you can discuss this with ? And doesn't SHE have a boss you can speak to ? Flatly refuse to take part in this daft exercise,and call the CCMA and Dept of Labour for advice on how to protect yourself and have her disciplined for this wildly irrespnisble behaviour. It's you boss who needs to see a shrink, rather urgently.
And as Souil says, have your doctor / personal gynae fax you a note esaying that you are medically forbidden to take part in such activities. If the boss chosoes to try to ignore that, she could be in very deserved serious trouble.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Gracie | 2008/11/25

When in doubt contact the CCMA - they are able to respond to queries such as this. Your boss does not sound like a very sympathetic person and she cannot force to you take part in any activities such as this.

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: ceci | 2008/11/25

Thank you very much Gynae and to Anon &  Soul, i' ll tell my Gynae to fax me a letter stating my condition and i' m relieved to read your reply guys. thanx

Reply to ceci
Posted by: Anon | 2008/11/25

If something happens to your baby, you will not be able to prove that it was due to your work forcing you to participate. Get a letter from your clinic or doctor stating that in your first 12 weeks you should refrain from heavy exercise.

Reply to Anon
Posted by: Soul | 2008/11/25

Go see your doctor and get a note from him excusing you from these activities. If you can' t see your doctor phone him and ask for a note and have it faxed to you, just make sure you get the original one. Your boss will have no choice but to excuse you.

Reply to Soul

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.