Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2007/06/07

Urgent!!!! ----- So Worried

i am on melodene and have always gotten my period on the tuesday that i expected starting with brown colour discharge and then by the thursday i usually bleed extremly heavy. ok so on tuesday i started with the brow discharge.......but only when i wipe.......today is thursday......still the brown discharge when i wipe........not a spot of discharge or blood on my pad......what is happening? why am i not bleeding like usual? is it just later than usual or is something up with me? should i be worried?

A menstrual bleed varies with change in your diet, stress, activities, etc even when you on a contraceptive. If you have not been taking your Melodene at a specified time each day you may very well be at risk of being pregnant. I suggest you reassure yourself with doing a pregnancy test.