Question
Posted by: dee | 2004/03/11

urgent quierie for doc.

My maid's friend is 7 months pregnant, and she was standing at a funeral for a long period of time. When she got home, there was a bit of water inbetween her legs, no blood, just a bit of water.
Is this serious or can it be common, is it amniotic fluid?
Can this happen if you have had a stressful day?

It could be amniotic fluid and she should see her doctor to check. Rupture of the membranes can present with small amounts of water leakage.

2
Posted by: Lindy | 2004/03/11

Hi dee

If this was only a once off then its not amniotic fluid. If the sack does tear it can grow closed again but not that quickly that she would only experience it once. If it was not just the once then yes it could be amniotic fluid. Usually she would feel it at least when she gets up from sitting or goes to sit down. If there is any colour, green, red, pink or brown then she must go to her doctor immediately as this indicates either blood or infection in the fluid.

Reply to Lindy
Posted by: trying | 2004/03/11

Hi, I see no one's answering you, so I'll take a stab in the dark...

That's roughly 28 weeks, isn't it? Well, maybe it's urine leaking?

If its amniotic fluid, she should get to her nearest doctor or clinic asap. Amniotic fluid gets replenished, but if there's a tear in the amnio sack, she could get infection and I don't think something like that should go untreated.

I know stress is linked to miscarriage, so I'd organise for her to see a health professional asap.

Hope I could be of some help.

Reply to trying