Question
Posted by: bubbles | 2003/12/10

urgent pls!!!

i would just like to know what is the legal age to get married? And if it is 21 then can anything be done about it if we elope?Im 20.
thank you.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Bubbles

21 is the age that you can get married otherwise you need your gaurdians permission.

Think carefully and make a wise desicion

T

9
Posted by: Flyboy | 2004/04/09

OMG Dawie - what a confused boy you are - sprouting all this stuff about the Lord and so and so forth (which I'm sure you genuinely believe), firstly this is no place to evangelise anyone, this the "Teen HEALTH forum" not the "Jesus loves you forum" - secondly - marriage is a very serious step which should never be undertaken lightly - your girlfriend is 16 (maybe 17 now) and you only 19-20. With all due respect you know very little about life and shouldn't be even considering marriage at this age. Think with the brain your g-d gave you. If your tentative steps towards marriage are already fraught with such uncertainty do you really think it will all work out in the end - Wake up and live your life - marriage is for much later.

Reply to Flyboy
Posted by: dawie | 2003/12/15

Hi i just want to say that the Lord does answer prairs but not on our time but on his time, I asked the Lord to help me, i realy love this girl , The lord let them stay there are not going to move anymore. Her father wanted to move urgently, But the Lord helped me, i just want to say Trust on the Lord he wil show you an way, I love the Lord with all my heart and he has an plan for all of us... Have faith don't depend on you you you my my my my when when when, The Lord said the he knows how you feel right now, He will show you on his own time , Remember the Lords time is always the perfect time

Dawie

Reply to dawie
Posted by: bubbles | 2003/12/12

Im really sorry to hear that.
Dawie you have to sit down and think about this properly,a relationship is about love,communication,trust and COMPROMISE.If your girl really loves you she will make an effort to come to an agreement with you.
If she really loves you,she will support you no matter what.Why dont you guys spend one weekend by her and the other by you?
You two ned to sit down and discuss this in depth and take it from there!!

GOOD LUCK!

Reply to bubbles
Posted by: Dawie | 2003/12/11

Hi there, i have an big problem. i need your advise.

My girl is going to move far away from my home, i have an work and responsibilities but i am willing to give it all up and move with her , just to be with her. I asked her if she could stay here with her sister she said: No no matter what she will never stay. She realy does love me and i feel the same. What can i do i will move with her but then i will loose my job and my car i am willing to do anything for her she does not.. It realy hurts,

I got an job offer from Brizmant Australie for 5 months, i told her about it and she said it would never work whe would grow away from each other, The lord gave us love to keep, What can i do i just want to make her happy but she always leaves me with hard desiosions.

Reply to Dawie
Posted by: bubbles | 2003/12/10

Thanks Dawie i really appreciate your advice.Im a catholic and i have accepted the lord long ago.I am certain this is the amn i want to be with.I would give my life for him in a heart beat and he would the same for me.
May you have a merry christmas and a wonderful new year!!!
Good luck with your girl and all the best for the future.
God bless always.

Reply to bubbles
Posted by: Dawie | 2003/12/10

Pray and ask the Lord for some help, he will answer you on the right time, and please make sure the this person is the right man for you, Talk to your parents your 20 years old, your and big girl now, if they don't wan't to sign, then they don't have to your'e old enough,
I have an question for you: If you die right now, where will you go? to Heaven or to hell, are you sure,
In joh 3 states the you must be new born to go to Heaven, Pray the following, Lord today i give my Heart to you, Today i am your's, i am an sinner please forgive me and all of my sins, Come into my Heart today amen. Turn away from all the bad things Bubbles, the Lord will guide you from here.

Good luck and i will pray for you

Reply to Dawie
Posted by: Dawie | 2003/12/10

Nope, it were an couple of years ago but now at the 18 your'e on your own, My sister got married when she was 18, my parents didn't sign, go speak to your priest of chruch man, he also can explain,

i have an girlfriend 16 i am 19 i also want to get married, but whe are giong to wait for the right time.

Reply to Dawie
Posted by: bubbles | 2003/12/10

but peolpe have been telling me under twenty one your parents have sign for you.
Is this true?

Reply to bubbles
Posted by: Dawie | 2003/12/10

The legal age is 18 and 16 with your perants permission,
your'e 20 so you may get married, Good luck and enjoy,

Kind regards
Dawie

Reply to Dawie