Question
Posted by: nicci | 2004/01/20

Urgent please vaginitis

I think what I have is vaginitis,
I went to my doctor and she gave me some medicines. a day and a half ago. She gave me FLUZOL 150 (1 tablet to take immediatly) Covospor Topical cream to apply and Gyno-Daktarin Combipak for in the evenings.
But I dont feel any relief. I've been in bed for 2 days - cant get dressed for work cause the pain and discomfort is to big.
Should I give it more time?
I only feel pain and discomfort on the outer genitals, not inside
not in the vagina, but between the lips of the vagina a bit higher up

please give me some advice!

Thank you doc!

Nicci, I doubt that it’s due to a yeast infection as your doctor gave you enough medicine to kill a lifetime’s worth. :-) It might still be due to an infection, but it’s then more likely to be bacterial. It might also be due to a hypersensitivity reaction/allergy or a form of eczema. The problem is that I can’t really say from this side of the screen, so the best would be to go back to your GP again. Good luck.