Posted by: SERIOUS AND VERY WORRIED | 2009/04/14


my granmother is having problems with her foot, her foot has turned black around the ankle,shin has no blood activity and there is constant swelling her skin is turning like and elephant skin and it' s very dry. please assist as nobody can advise us on what is going and she is too much pain and i am starting to get worried....please advise if i can take her to a specialist to look at her situation as no doctor can help PLEASE, PLEASE....

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Serious

I suggest that you take your grandmother to a vascular specialist, they will do a complete test of the circulation of the lower limb. It certainly sounds like a vascular problem to me in which case you should take her as soon as possible.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.