Question
Posted by: X | 2007/03/20

URGENT PLEASE!!!

I had my 12 weeks scan today during which it was indicated that the fluid behind the baby's neck is 6+mm instead of the max of 3mm. This together with the blood test showed a risk of 1 out of 2 for Down's or another major birth defect. A CVS was done - results only in a weeks time. What are the chances to have a normal baby? Should the pregnancy be terminated, at what stage is it done?

The chances of a normal baby are 50/50. You should wait for the results before thinking about termination. If there is a problem the termination can be done immediately.