Question
Posted by: Yoyo | 2004/11/03

URGENT : Nordette & Pregnancy

I have been diagnosed with Endometriosis about 10 yrs ago. I'm currently 28 yrs old & have been on Nordette for the last 4 months. I'm currently in a steady relationship and we have been using a condom, but stopped using condoms aboiut a 2 weeks ago.

What is the change of me falling pregnant while on Nordette?
Should I be using a condom as well, although I'm on a contraceptive?

The chances of falling pregnant on Nordette are about 0.5% if you have been taking it correctly. Using a condom as well will protect you from STDs. If you are sure that you are both in a monogamous relationship, this should not be necessary.

2
Posted by: Healthcare | 2004/11/05

The Nordette on its own is sufficient to give you protection aginst falling pregnant.
Condoms are only generally used in combination with the pill for the first 14 days of starting it. Condoms are of course wiill protect you against contracting HIV.

Reply to Healthcare
Posted by: yoyo | 2004/11/04

Hi Doc,

Please can you advise urgently on my e-mail.... Or anyone out there.

Reply to yoyo