Posted by: Mommy | 2009/01/20

Urgent: Need to ask Domestic to leave

I am in a situation where i cannot afford my domestic worker. She works for me once a week and has been with me for 5 yearsA a year ago i managed to get her work at my mother and sisters houses. She refused to sign a contract with me. She works on a No work is no pay. I pay her R90 p/day and she works from 8-2 once a week. i would love to keep her but i am a single mommy, i receive no maintenance and unfortunately a domestic is a luxury.
Please help, what do i have to do to ??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


You need to go through an excercise to retrench in terms of section 189 of the Labour Relations Act. Please go on to the website to check the Labour Relations Act and follow whatever it asks you to do in terms of that section.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.