Question
Posted by: D | 2005/12/13

Urgent info needed please!!

My wife is 10 weeks pregnant, and she has a slight irritation at the opening of her Vagina.Her Gynae prescribed Synapause Vaginal Cream, but when we check the application guide it clearly stated that this should not be used if you are pregnant.
Does any one have any info on this or used this before?
I know it contains Estrogen

When the medication has not been tested in pregnancy, the manufacturers always insert a 'contraindicated warning'. Synapause cream contains oestrogen. Very little is absorbed, so I can't see that this would be a problem. However, I am not sure why your wife needs oestrogen cream in pregnancy as she should have lots of oestrogen from the pregnancy.

3
Posted by: D | 2005/12/13

It was prescribed by her Gynae! acording to her you can use it, and acording to the pharmacy you can't!!

what now?

Reply to D
Posted by: Puppy | 2005/12/13

As a rule, you should not use anything that has not been prescribed by your Gynae in the first 3 months of pregnancy. Please tell your wife to call her Qynae

Reply to Puppy
Posted by: Dee | 2005/12/13

Hi, I would suggest phoning a pharmacy, they are normally quite helpful. Or even phone the gynae back to ask, he/she may have made a mistake.

Reply to Dee