Question
Posted by: CHIS | 2004/02/27

URGENT HELP:AUTO IMMUNO SYDROME(WHAT IS IT?)

HI DOC,

I HAVE A BLOOD DISEASE THAT IS EITHER HEREDITORY OR IT IS AUTO IMMUNO SYNDROME.

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT AUTO IMMUNO SYNDROME IS BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA AND THE DOCTOR HELPING ME USES TOO HIGH MEDICAL TERMS.

IF POSSIBLE ALSO TELL ME IF THERE IS A CURE AND HOW DANGEROUS THIS DISEASE IS? WHERE DOES IT COME FROM AND HOW CONTAGIOUS IS IT?

THIS IS VERY URGENT.

THANK YOU.

CHIS.

Expert ImageArchive

An auto immune disease is caused by an immune reaction against "self antigens" in other words against your own tissue. Normally an immune reaction would be directed at an external agent ie. a virus or bacteria. It is not contagious. If you can give me the actual diagnosis, I would be able to give you more information.