Question
Posted by: Deemo | 2007/05/28

Urgent Help

I had my first shot of the injection (contraceptive) in Feb and never went back because I had complications. My husband and i had sex on my first day of my periods and they stopped on that same day. They haven't came back since and it's already a week after that. Is it possible that I night be preggy or could there be something wrong with me that I don't know of?

Dear Deemo

It is not unusual to have absence of menstruation even after a single dose of the injectable contraceptive. However I would suggest that a home pregnancy test be done and should this be negative that an alternative combined oral contraceptive preparation be used for at least one to two months if pregnancy is not desired. This will aid in regulating the menses and hence forth.