Question
Posted by: POSHIAS | 2007/02/23

URGENT HELP

48 HOURS AGO I HAS SEX WITH MY PARTNER & THE CONDOM BROKE I DIDNT USE ANY MORNING AFTER PILL BT NOW IM WORRIED COZ NOW I HAVE BLOOD DOTS,MENSTRUATION BT ITS NOT NORMAL COZ ITS JUST DOTS & 2DAY ITS DE SECOND DAY.COULD I BE PREGANT?

This period may still be due to the morning after pill that you used earlier in the month. It does disrupt the cycle. If you only had sex 48 hrs ago, it would be too soon for pregnancy or bleeding due to this.

5
Posted by: Racoon | 2007/02/23

Maybe you should consider some form of contraception, such as the pill or Mirena? Just remember that even if you ovulate you might still not fall pregnant. So, best of luck!

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: PORSHIAS | 2007/02/23

i didnt take the emergency pill bcoz i did use them early this month & my periods came so early and i know u cant take them twice in a row.i will do a home pregnancy test.

Reply to PORSHIAS
Posted by: Racoon | 2007/02/23

The spotting may be due to ovulation as ovulation takes place roughly 14 to 15 days after the start of you period. That means that you could fall pregnant right now as the sperm can survive upto 72 h. Its unfortunately too late to take the morning after pill, so there is a change that you could be pregnant. You'll have to wait and see whether your periods arrive in two weeks time. Why didn't you take emergency contraception?

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: POSHIAS | 2007/02/23

i had my periods 15 days ago thats why its so strange dat im getting periods againg althou they are not heavy they are mild bleeding.

Reply to POSHIAS
Posted by: Maya | 2007/02/23

You would only know if you were pregnant when you miss your period. It takes 10 days from conception for the egg to attach.
You may be having an implantation bleed from falling pregnant previously, but not from your recent sexual encounter of 48 hours ago.
If you are expecting your period and are only now having a light bleed then do a preg test.
If neg, then you can take the morning after pill within 72 hours of unprotected sex.
I suggest you go on some form of contraception to avoid mishaps in the future:)

Reply to Maya