Question
Posted by: hope | 2007/06/07

urgent ! eczema on labia

Hi dr ,
I have really dry skin and itchiness that ive just developed a few mnths ago on the labia extending towards the back , this was when I first fell pregnant,
after the pregnancy the itchiness and dry skin on labia didnt go away. i ve tried cortisone creams to stop the itch but the eczema doesnt go away,it comes back everyday and its causing an imbalance in my daily life and is really affecting me.
the itching is so bad.. if when i try not to touch it, it burns and feels like something crawling down there.

pls help.. im so desperate.

You need to be examined by a gynaecologist to establish if your diagnosis of eczema is in fact correct and may require alternative treatment if it is not eczema.