Posted by: Sexy eyes | 2008/08/21

URGENT - Can I skip my pill?

I am using Triphasil and am due on the first red pill on Saturday. Normally I only have my period halfway through the red pills and then it leaps over into the brown pills. Is this normal? I am going on holiday next week and I worked out that I will stll be on my period by then. What can I do to stop it and is it safe? Please advise urgently as I have big plans for this holiday
Many thanks

It is normal. The way to delay a periods is to skip the placebos completely and carry on with the next pack.

Posted by: loni | 2008/08/21

What you do is...... dont take the first red pill on saturday, you carry on with the white ones that come after the red pills. You should then skip your period. You can do it safely for a month or two but just a word of advice, when you start to take those red pills again, your period will be more painful than it usually is.

Hope this helps

Reply to loni