Posted by: Janine | 2008/06/01

Urgent attention

I am 31 years old and I feel like for the last 8 year I am going completely mad. I am very very irritibable to the point where I wil hurt someone. I can not concentrate on anything and I get panic attacts. Sometimes when we are driving I feel that I must get out now or I will jump. Then I get the urge to start cleaning everything in site, everything get thrown out. And then I have a spending problem as well, as soon as the bug bites I have to start spending even if it means borrowing money. I used to read a lot and music was my life, now the sound of the music irritates me, I can not concentrate with the music on, not only the music I want everythng completely quiet, but I have 2 children and that is not possible. And my love for books has completely gone away. I have no interrests in anything. I have to concentrate the whole day just to act normal. I start babling uncontrolible and make jokes that is not realy jokes, I hurt a lot of feelings. I feel disorientated, as if I can not control my brain and thougts. I tried to talk to my husband about this but he is not the suportive tipe, he is a very outgoing person which I am not, I never go anywhere with him, If there is more than 3 people in the room and thy start talking together I can not pin point who is saying what. It sounds as if all the voices was throuwn into a tumble dryer, that's why I never go out with him. Please do I need to see someone or is there just some pill I can take to feel and act better?

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sounds like a mix of stress and anxiety disorders, including panic attacks and obsessive-compulsive features. I am sure you can be helped, and could be feeling a great deal better before long. But effective treatment must start with a proper diagnosis, so you should arrange to see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough in-person assessment ( the experience is likely to be much more aggreeable than you might expect ) and then a discussion of the diagnosis made, and of treatment options. A range of medications could help a good deal, as could CBT therapy ( a talking therapy that is very effective ).

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Tania | 2008/06/01

im nt a proffesional, bt u sound highly stressed. mayb try n figure out what the cause of ur stress is. mayb u shud consult ur gp n take it frm ther. i hve bipolar n i battle 2 concentrate. i battle 2 cope wit alot of auditory stuff goin on, it triggers me. i can realte 2 hw u r feelin. no, im nt sayin u hve bipolar. bt go c ur doc. if u rnt fully functional, u cnt b there 100% 4 ur kids. as 4 ur husb nt bein supportive, tha is sad. chat 2 ur fam n friends n gt a support syst goin 4 urself. my x wasnt very supportive either, ur husb like other men, nt wired like females. they deal with things differently. dnt self medicate! maruana is a herb, opium cums frm a flower. c ur doc asap n try nt 2 stress bout it 2 much, makes it worse. gud luck n pls lt knw wot ur doc says

Reply to Tania

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.