Question
Posted by: Janine | 2008/06/01

Urgent attention

I am 31 years old and I feel like for the last 8 year I am going completely mad. I am very very irritibable to the point where I wil hurt someone. I can not concentrate on anything and I get panic attacts. Sometimes when we are driving I feel that I must get out now or I will jump. Then I get the urge to start cleaning everything in site, everything get thrown out. And then I have a spending problem as well, as soon as the bug bites I have to start spending even if it means borrowing money. I used to read a lot and music was my life, now the sound of the music irritates me, I can not concentrate with the music on, not only the music I want everythng completely quiet, but I have 2 children and that is not possible. And my love for books has completely gone away. I have no interrests in anything. I have to concentrate the whole day just to act normal. I start babling uncontrolible and make jokes that is not realy jokes, I hurt a lot of feelings. I feel disorientated, as if I can not control my brain and thougts. I tried to talk to my husband about this but he is not the suportive tipe, he is a very outgoing person which I am not, I never go anywhere with him, If there is more than 3 people in the room and thy start talking together I can not pin point who is saying what. It sounds as if all the voices was throuwn into a tumble dryer, that's why I never go out with him. Please do I need to see someone or is there just some pill I can take to feel and act better?

Janine

Sounds like a mix of stress and anxiety disorders, including panic attacks and obsessive-compulsive features. I am sure you can be helped, and could be feeling a great deal better before long. But effective treatment must start with a proper diagnosis, so you should arrange to see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough in-person assessment ( the experience is likely to be much more aggreeable than you might expect ) and then a discussion of the diagnosis made, and of treatment options. A range of medications could help a good deal, as could CBT therapy ( a talking therapy that is very effective ).

1
Posted by: Tania | 2008/06/01

im nt a proffesional, bt u sound highly stressed. mayb try n figure out what the cause of ur stress is. mayb u shud consult ur gp n take it frm ther. i hve bipolar n i battle 2 concentrate. i battle 2 cope wit alot of auditory stuff goin on, it triggers me. i can realte 2 hw u r feelin. no, im nt sayin u hve bipolar. bt go c ur doc. if u rnt fully functional, u cnt b there 100% 4 ur kids. as 4 ur husb nt bein supportive, tha is sad. chat 2 ur fam n friends n gt a support syst goin 4 urself. my x wasnt very supportive either, ur husb like other men, nt wired like females. they deal with things differently. dnt self medicate! maruana is a herb, opium cums frm a flower. c ur doc asap n try nt 2 stress bout it 2 much, makes it worse. gud luck n pls lt knw wot ur doc says

Reply to Tania