Question
Posted by: dontknow | 2003/12/08

URGENT - AM I LOSING MY BABY?

My boyfriends and I did a home test on Friday - It was positive. So I did another one later at the clinic - pos.
Did another one on Saturday - pos.
We had planned to go to the doc some time this week to confirm that we are indeed pregnant, we are both excited.
Now this morning it looks like I am starting my period - what must I do - I am freaking out - am I losing my baby? My period is nearly three weeks late. I have slight bleeding almost like spotting. Do I go see a doctor now? or wait I do not want to dissappoint my b/f he is more excited about having this child.
Was I ever pregnant?

You should see your doctor now. You may be threatening to miscarry. This does not mean that you will lose the baby. 80% of these will settle down and carry on to a normal pregnancy.

4
Posted by: Purple | 2003/12/10

Madie, I suggest you go to the doctor ASAP. You should always have spotting checked out. The cramps that accompany the spotting don't sound good.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Madie | 2003/12/09

I am six weeks pregnant and i have been spotting for two weeks now. Sometimes i also have stomach cramps. Is this normal? Please advise

Reply to Madie
Posted by: www | 2003/12/09

Hi there, well, today is a day later already so I do hope that you have your answer by now. Firstly, yes you are definitely pregnant. If you had 2 negatives and 1 positive I would also be convinced that you are pregnant, the reason being that these home tests don't really err on the positive side - but can err on the negative side because it might not be picking up the pregnancy hormones because the levels are low in the mom or because the test is faulty. But if it does come up with a positive result, that means the hormones are there.

Like Candy said - sometimes spotting or implantation bleeding is normal in early pregnancy, but it should never go unchecked. Please don't panic just yet - see your doc and make sure that it's not just something simple. Meanwhile - try and get as much bedrest as possible just in case.

Reply to www
Posted by: Candy | 2003/12/08

See a doc asap, soon as today even. Sometimes spotting is normal during early pregnancy but don't take chances please. Three homw pregnancies can't be wrong. those things are 99.9% accurate... Don't panic either just try to be calm and see your doctor.

Reply to Candy