Question
Posted by: Jay | 2004/03/10

Urethritis Or Proststitis

Hi Doc,
At least once every 2 or 3 mths, I find that after ejaculating, I experience severe pain in the Urethra area. This pain normally lasts for 3 days.
There is no discomfort when urinating.
I've been to Urologists and told to live with this Pain.
No Actual Antibiotics prescribed.
Is there a Effective Anti-Inflammotory Or AntiBiotic to treat this
Painful Condition.
Thanks very much for Your help.

Jay, there might well be effective treatment, but I can’t prescribe any if I don’t know what the diagnosis is. It sounds like it is an infection, but that possibility has been ruled out. The best would probably be to get a second opinion from a different urologist and see hat he has to say. Good luck.