Posted by: rolette | 2008/11/27


Hi CS i just called my psyhciatrist and asked him for a perscription for urbanol which he has prescribed to me and he wont give it to me he says i must see my GP why is that? as far as i know its a tranquiliser isnt it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Yes, it's a tranquillizer, of the group that can cause dependency if one takes them for too long. Its generally recommended that they not be used for more than a couple of months without the person being re-assessed as to whether this treatment should be continued or changed ; and its not a drug it's recommended to prescribe by phone or otherwise without examining the person

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Emma | 2008/11/27

Please be very careful when taking Urbanol. It is addictive and the withdrawl symtoms are awful. I have tried to come off it and I have not managed it. I have been taking it for far too long. So go and see your doc and perhaps ask for some non addictive meds.

Reply to Emma

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.