Question
Posted by: bleeding | 2008/06/24

update six million and forty eleven

HI Dr bets. I hope you are well. well its been 2 months now since i have been "in Remission" im doing well, my hair is growing back. i still have no sense of taste and smell and my feet are still numb. Im sure it will clear up. I have to go for a CT scan in August and have been advised to get a "J Loop" insterted at the blood lab before so they dont battle to find a vein like the last ct, what a fiasco they poked and prodded till they gave up and used an ultrasound instead. I was too scared to drink after that in case all thge liquid squirted out of the needle holes. What is a J-loop and can i buy one from the chemist?

Dear Bleeding
Your pharmacy could probably order one for you – it is like a drip thingy that you can open and close – you just have to rinse it through with heparin after use to prevent it from clotting. But your doctor should be able to do this or get this for you too? Good to hear that it is going well!