Posted by: bleeding | 2008/06/24

update six million and forty eleven

HI Dr bets. I hope you are well. well its been 2 months now since i have been "in Remission" im doing well, my hair is growing back. i still have no sense of taste and smell and my feet are still numb. Im sure it will clear up. I have to go for a CT scan in August and have been advised to get a "J Loop" insterted at the blood lab before so they dont battle to find a vein like the last ct, what a fiasco they poked and prodded till they gave up and used an ultrasound instead. I was too scared to drink after that in case all thge liquid squirted out of the needle holes. What is a J-loop and can i buy one from the chemist?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Bleeding
Your pharmacy could probably order one for you – it is like a drip thingy that you can open and close – you just have to rinse it through with heparin after use to prevent it from clotting. But your doctor should be able to do this or get this for you too? Good to hear that it is going well!
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.