Question
Posted by: Dianthe | 2004/10/08

Update on Husband work away from Home

Hi CS

Thanks for the advice.

I am the one who is pesimistic about this. But as you say 2 years is not long. There is a change that they might increase the contract on a year by year option.

Look where is the year now and it feel like yesterday we celebrated New Year.

We only got married 3 years ago and have no kids. (Just 1 cat and 2 dogs). We are both patriotic towards South Africa, we want to stay here. But due to his inablity to find another job here, and they already given notices to people of 50 years old.

We talked over the phone and it is best for both of us if he accept the offer. (Emotionally and financially). We have alot of debt that need to be stelled. He said he don't think I'm selfish to stay. Was glad to hear this!! Finally we got this sorted out. He knows how I feel.

Thanks for your Support!!

Pleased you two have been sorting this out. Good luck, and may it all work out fine for you both.
I've never understood why it's considered wrong if someone is given notice because of their sexual orientation, HIV status, or for several other bad reasons, but its considered fine to give notice for the crime of turning 50 ?

1
Posted by: art | 2004/10/08

dianthe, hang in there girl I have been working like this for a good number of years, it depends on the individuals and your hubby will get his trips home even if it is shocking rotation of 6 months should be six weeks and two off, depends who he is with in Angola, and yes if you are 50 it is going to get a lot harder to get by work so if he is on a good wicket let him make hay when the sun shines make use of the support around you

Reply to art