Question
Posted by: cuddles | 2005/07/26

Update on Depression etc

I am back after a bit of a break, I am off the meds, my own personal choice as I was feeling like a zombie on them. Now have Alzam for as and when I have panic attacks, got the meds on the 18/06 took first one last week Thursday had a major panic attack on the bus home. Not a nice feeling was all shaky all of Friday and still feel like my nerves are a bit frayed. Luckily the IT boyfriend (been together 5 months now) was great talked me through it, calmed me down, made me a cup of tea when we got home and got me my meds. He then cooked supper, ran me a bath, made me a hot water bottle and basically pampered me.

I am so lucky to have him, he was really understanding about it all. Just made me promise not to leave the meds at home again.

Anyway my son is going for play therapy again next month, seems to be helping, but his dad def left a bad impression on him, he is getting better with the anger and is starting to talk which helps now. He is with my mom at the moment but I fetch him on Sat. Apparently he has started with nightmares saying no no dadddy, so will speak to the therapist about this.

Anyway just thought would update you all and let you know I am still alive

Hi Cuddles,
Nice to hear fom you again. Well, the decision about the meds was your own ( I'd like to hear if you could try CBT counselling, what difference that might make for you !) On the others, generally the zombie feeling wears off before long. Heck, I manage to feel like a zombie most days, since the accident, without needing any meds to produce the effect!
Sounds like the ideal fort of bf for this, and pretty well any other situation ! Does he do house calls " :}
Pleased t hear the play therapy is helping your son --- the "No Daddy!" dreams are a bit troubling, so you're wise to discuss them with his therapist.
Pleased to hear you're more than still alive, and functioning well !

3
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/07/27

Hi Cuddles,

Nice to hear from you again and I am glad to hear that you and your boy are doing okey.
Good luck with the new relationship. It's always easier going through trauma with someone than alone.

Keep in touch.

ps: I will also like one of your recipe books!!!

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: Lola | 2005/07/27

Hey Cuddles!

So nice to hear from you again, how Luke? Is he better? Last i rememebr he had some medical problems?

Take care!

Reply to Lola
Posted by: cuddles | 2005/07/26

Oh am busy making a recipe book, speacially for people like Hope etc, am currently on recipe 40 when its done will let you know and will send copies to who ever wants one.

CS think you will agree its a better way of dealing with depression than pills

Reply to cuddles