Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2005/12/14

Update on Bobby cat

hi all

well 600 rand later, 3 hours with 3 vets, scans, x rays and test and we find out bobby cat has Cerebellar Hypophysis (Spelling?!)
and my baby boy is DEAF!

but sooooo loveable. all he wants is to be a big boy and run around (wobble around?) by himself, but as any mother of a special child knows, all mothers want to do is protect thier disadvantaged babys, so he gets alot of atttention.

he is 3 months old but very small and just wants to be loved. Its like he is starving for everything whether its food, water, warmth or love, everything he does he does it with his whole heart.

he has trouble climbing off and on the bed and i suppose it doesnt help when im fluttering around him waiting to catch him when he falls ( which 9 out of 10 times he does!) he just gives me the look that seems to say 'OM!! Im a big boy! stop it, all the other kittys are watching and laughing at me!!'

but i cant help it, hes just so beautiful.

My other cats are still hissing and growling at him but not as much cos if they do it behind him he doesnt see them and so doesnt respond in any way so they look all confused at his lack of response and eventually give up and go away.

Im so glad that i was chosen to have this little special christmas bundle of love.

Cyber vet:
The vets gave him some drops called ECO epilepsy that he has 0.5 mls of twice a day. They also gave him Neurobion which he has a peice of every two days and Thiamine which he has half once a day. Should this help him?

I presume you are a referring to a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia, which is considered a permanent condition. If this is the case, no particular treatment may make any difference necessarily. The treatments you're giving will not do any harm and may potentially be beneficial.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

2
Posted by: Cat Mad | 2005/12/15

Hi Buffs, I just want to tell you that you are a very special mother to make this life long commitment to this little special boy of yours. May he give you only pleasure and joy in life and may God bless you for your kindness towards our furry friends. There are only few of your kind.

Reply to Cat Mad
Posted by: Buffs | 2005/12/14

sorry he has: Cerebellar Hypoplasia

Reply to Buffs