Question
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/05/24

update number 99876.33

i had my pre chemo blood test on tuesday and later that day the sister from the cancer centre phoned to tell me my white blood cell count was too low for chemo and that i should go for another blood test yesterday morning to see if there was any improvement. the nurse at the path lab stuck the needle in and no blood came out so we did my other arm. My white cells had started to increase so the oncologist gave his ok for yesterdays chemo. i only had gemzar so it was only about a 2 hour session today my arms are full of bruises and i look like a drug addict.

Dear Bleeding
Tip: ask them to put a bloodpressure machine cuff on before they try to take blood and get the pressure up to halfway between the higher and lower blood pressure readings - this should make it easier. I hate these rubberband thingies and if they pump up the cuff to high it may also prevent blood from coming out.

1
Posted by: Smiley | 2007/05/24

Hi Bleeding!

I see that you still have your wonderful sence of humor and I am glad! One of these days this nightmare will be over and you will be living in a healthy body again. Your positive attitude and will to get better is your strongest weapons and you must use it in your battle.

Thinking of you, keep well.

Reply to Smiley