Question
Posted by: Lana | 2008/01/28

UPDATE: CATS EATING PLANTS

Hi there,

Just want to let you guys know.
I went and baught the cat nap plants on Saturday.

Thaught I was nice and baught 2.... and guess what they dont want anything to do with it......I have ran out of options???
Or will it take a while for them to get use to it?

Tanx
Lana

It can take a while for them to get used to the new plants. Have you given them cat nip toys or chews before?

2
Posted by: Blaah | 2008/01/28

for the mean tim put filter coffee grounds in the pots of the plants that your cats eating
it is good for the plants a should keep the cats away

i personally perfer planting catnip from seed
i am not sure about the cat grass if you can do the same

by the by fresh cat nip gets thier attention better if you crush or tear the leaves a little to let off the scent

i guess you do get cats that don't like catnip or out grow it my 15yr old cat doesn't touch the stuff now but used to love it

you stated cat nap plant did you mean cat nip?

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: zuzu | 2008/01/28

Hi I see you have the same problem my cats are doing the same. I have planted grass in a old litter tray and they just love it my one cat sleeps on it. My cats dont like cat nip, but the grass is much more appealing. I must say now that they have there own grass they dont eat my house plants.

Reply to zuzu