Question
Posted by: Savannah | 2007/03/28

UPDATE : BYPASS OP : WEEK 10

Hi there Doc.

Wow, what a wonderful week. I have thus far lost 18kg and 72cm overall. I am starting to feel like a whole new person! My BMI also dropped from 47 to 40 which is wonderful news.

I went to my mom’s over the weekend and adjusted my clothes. I can’t tell you how I felt when I saw the difference in size.

I ONLY have 42kg more too loose, and slowly but surely getting there. I am still counting the kg’s to the 20kg mark, and will spoil myself with something new to wear.

Otherwise I have some discomfort from piles, but other than that, feeling very well at the moment. No more aches and pains and regaining control of my life and body. The electrolyte problem is under control with my medication and I am definitely feeling stronger and more positive. I have also started running up the stairs at home where in the past I used to battle just to make it to the top!

For the first time I feel as if all the pain and suffering I endured is finally paying off.

Doc, I have not started an exercise routine as the surgeon said that I must wait at least 6 months. He said that I can start walking though, so I will start walking over weekends with my son who also needs to loose about 5kg.

Have a wonderful week.
*Hugs*

Dear Savannah
Oh I am so pleased for your sake - you are losing weight so well and I can hear that you are feeling so much better and that the previous problems are under control. Has the dr prescribed treatment for the piles (Anusol, Scheriproct??) these products make the condition much more bearable. I understand about the exercise and would also not do anything that is contraindicated at this point in time. You will get around to all these things as the kg drop off.
Keep up the good work