Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2012/03/30

Update

Hello Cybie

Can you believe it, April is here. Where did the time go? Only 6 weeks to go before my " jellybean"  is getting born.

Been busy few weeks, getting everything done, busy renovating and just preparing for the little one to arrive.

The meditation and visualisation which I do everyday, has really worked wonders.

The only problem I really have at the moment is my mother, she phones me everyday, complaining and pointing out what still needs to be done around the house in terms of renovating etc.

we have set a plan in motion of what is most important and what can wait and her daily calls to myself really stress me out.

she also, out of her own, offer to pay for some things, and then when it comes to doing it she doesnt have money, I know she does have money and I can''t understand why she offers in the first place.

other then that one month of work left and so glad for all the long weekends.

Learned so much during this pregnancy about myself and life and know will continue growing.

Meditation, etc., can be really useful, and I'm sad that so many psychiatrists and even psychologists fail to respect it properly or use it.
I wonder whether your mother is feeling anxious too, for various reasons, and expressing it in this tedious way ?
Personally, I have found it common among South Africans ( more than folks I've worked with previously in Europe, Awerica and Australia ) that people make offers, promises and invitations that they never keep, and seem to develop total amnesia for what they previously promised. I don't know why this is - its as though they're keen to say something really nice to make you feel good, without making any actual connection bwteen the form of a promise or offer and any intention to actually carry it out.
Keep up all the really good work !

1

Keep up all the really good work !