Posted by: in-charge-of-my-life | 2008/08/11

Good day All

Just want to share this with you...
I was wrongly diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder...

For two years I was drugged... I couldn'  t live a normal life..
November 2005 I decided that I had enough. I stopped taking my meds.. Went to work overseas. Came back healthy an 30kg lighter (weight gain due to meds).

I got a promotion at work, continued my studies, have a husband and doing great.

Can'  t believe that I allowed people to steal 2 years of my life.

I am glad that I take control over my life...

Have a great one Ciao

So pleased to hear o such a happy ending. I think especialyl in adolescent years, one's ways of responding to the emotional turmoil of those years may at time resemble such serious conditions, so the person making the diagnosis has to be especially careful with the assessment and the use of diagnostic criteria. And if a serious diagnosis is made and there is any room for doubt, a second opinion is usually wise. Your story has a happy ending --- but if you really were schizo-affective, stopping all meds could have had serious consequences, so one should be at least as cautious about stopping meds as in starting them