Question
Posted by: Gf | 2007/07/17

Update

I left him, I told him that we should not see each other anymore. If I know in my heart that it's the right decision (in the long run), why do I feel like dying and that I'm making a mistake?

YOur head knows its wise to do this, your heart protests and feels sad --- you get over that, sooner than you can imagine right now. And you feel,ambivalent --- whenever we need to make a decision that, though it may be right isn't one we want to make, we feel yes-and-no for a while. In time, you WILL feel relieved. Meanwhile, stick to your decision ( it's never wise to sick qwith an abuser ) --- and keep yourself busy, with work, and with friends

3
Posted by: Gf | 2007/07/17

He breaks me down emotionally and when I try to figure out where I stand with him, he tells me that I'm high maintenance and needy.

We have hurt each other physically and emotionally so I guess it's better that it's over. Just wish I could feel more relieved.

Reply to Gf
Posted by: flower | 2007/07/17

I was in a very abusive relationship, where my boyfriend beat me up. It didnt happen all the time, but once was too many. I was in the relationship for five years. I eventually left him, and it felt awful. I missed him and still felt in love with him even though he was awful to me and our relationship was the worst ever, i couldn't forget. But i knew if i didnt the next time i would not be so lucky, so tried really hard. Many days i wanted to call him, other days i just cried. But that saying is so true, everything gets better with time.

Today i am in a loving relationship with the most caring man in the world. We are to be married in december, and when i look back now, i cannot believe i actually stayed that long in that relationship. I knew in my heart it was wrong.

Good luck, i hope you find the strengh to move on.....

Reply to flower
Posted by: loyal one | 2007/07/17

it's like an addiction - you were addicted to him irrespective of him mistreating you! now you are trying to get him out of your system and it's not going to be easy but you will get there eventually! don't try to do it on your own get some kind of support and reading material, a hobby something that will take up your time - don't let your mind wander

Reply to loyal one