Posted by: anxious | 2007/06/06



A few months ago when I got 1 or 2 positive kidney infection results and I had courses of antibiotics (3 I think - my gp and urologist are always in contact with each other when necessary,, which I am very happy about), my gp spoke to my urologist who said that if I got another positive result then I should have another scope done to see if a bladder problem was possibly causing my infections. That was somewhere round March. I haven't had any lab positive results since (let's hope it stays that way!). I went for my tests today and my gp seemed to indicate that the scope option still seems to be on the cards, but didn't really elaborate. I get my results tomorrow pm. My question is how would the scope help?

I am struggling on with all the things I am having to do with my lymphoedema! I start on the 10 mins level at Walk For Life tomorrow - they say I need to slow down a bit on my brisk walking I am going too fast - my pulse rate is still 26 - they work on 18-25 for my age group per 10 secs!

I am perservering with my exercises and massage my physiotherapist gave me. She has been doing the compression pump treatment (I have had 2 treatments so far) and have to go for another 3 compression pump treatments only (my next one is Fri this week and then Tues and Fri next week) and then that seems to be it. I then only have to go back if the swelling flares up and continue with the massage and exercises myself at home!

Lots of work! Keeping me busy!

Thanks for the help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anxious
This scope would be preventative so to speak - just to ensure that there are no narrowing etc or any signs of problems. However, you need to decide whether this is really necessary if you don't get infections at the moment and you are still quite intensively treating the lymphoedema. Maybe they can postpone it a bit.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.