Question
Posted by: H25 | 2007/05/27

UPDATE

CS

I went for my 1st lymph massage physio treatment on Tues this week and again on Fri - more exercises to do and the massage treatment chart I have to follow, both every day! I am going to be kept very busy with all this! I joined Walk for Life Tues pm (the coldest possible day to join I might add!) The manager set up my program and all I did was a 400m warm up walk and then a brisk 400m walk and then a short slow cool down - when they took my pulse after the brisk walk (they work on 18-25 per 10 secs for my age group - 44) it was 23 - I was really shocked - when I worked it out per min it was something like 138! Real bad!

She gave me a medical form and asked my specialist physician to sign it off saying my ECG was ok, then I discovered that I had to go for an ECG treadmill exercise test - I am NOT looking forward to that let me tell you! I have an appointment Tues morn, then 1hr physio then Walk for Life later in pm! Kind of exhausting!

Hope you and Megamoggy are handling this cold weather - I was in E/L for a week (13/5 - 18/5) - my brother invited me to stay (and kindly paid for me to fly down) - they have a wonderful house right on the river in Nahoon Valley - wonderfully relaxing! I could go back anytime!

Gosh, you are indeed keeping busy, aren't you ? Hope it all works out well. The break in EL sounds idyllic.
Megamoggy does NOT approve of this weather, and is still suspicious that I am somehow responsible for it. I gather than James Earl Jones might agree !

4
Posted by: H25 | 2007/05/28

Apparently my brother says that white house is up for sale, even though its still not finished yet! They seemed to be still building the garage!

I couldn't get used to the fact that everything is so close to everything, living in JHB, its quite different! The kids school is 10 mins from the house, their hockey practice, which I went to watch is 5 mins away, everything seems within no more than 20mins of everything! I was champing at the bit when my brother took me to the airport because I was worried I would be late! He said "this is E/L not JHB!" I then discovered what he was talking about when we got to the airport, it reminded me of the airport at Plett, with the plane right outside the door!

They used to live in JHB, but they now wouldn't move from there for anything! We just miss them all terribly, being so far away! Flying is not cheap and its a loooong way to drive, unless you have lots of time to stay!

Reply to H25
Posted by: Gloomer | 2007/05/28

Oh, I know Lido lane there where we had to take a Clavinova for some one. If that island in the middle of the river did not look like a flooding place I would build a house there! There are some awesome houses there. There is that huge white one on the hill as you hit thebridge! Most people think it is flats!

hate that Vincent shopping centre at the moment with the building - it is so dark and dingy!

Reply to Gloomer
Posted by: H25 | 2007/05/28

Sorry, he's married! They have 2 daughters, 8 + 10. They are in Flamingo Road - its so peaceful there. When I was there I sat outside with my book (my brother and sister-in-law were at work and the kids were at school) and was quite happy to sit with the dogs and watch that awesome scenery with the birds, water and the odd canoeist going up and down the river. I also went one day to Vincent to do some shopping. It was rather a splendid break! The weather was also quite mild, chilly in the am and even but otherwise warm during the day.

Reply to H25
Posted by: Gloomer | 2007/05/28

in that road that is PAVED??? by "they" you mean he is hitched so I can't be a gold digger??? Those houses are beautiful, I see them when I drive into EL on that bridge.

Reply to Gloomer