Question
Posted by: Ann | 2006/03/31

update

hello Doc,

I trust you are well?

Daniel is now 6 weeks old and has doubled his birth weight ,he is now 4.3 kg(he started at 2040g)
Its hard to believe that my baby was only supposed to be born now,and yet here he is --perfect in every way!

Daniel is now drinking 150-170ml every three hours,and sometimes has water in between,Daniel has become very hungry and sometime wakes up between meals for a snack of about 50 ml ,I give it to him but worry about over feeding ,although he doesnt bring it up or anything..

He still struggles with the occasional burp but he is getting there,if i find that he has been struggling for 2+feeds i give him a bit of Tellament drops in his next feed ,usually it does the trick.

He stays awake +-2-3 hours during the day but does not make any baby cooing noises yet,although he groans and grunts,He has alot more neck control now and can lift his head and turn it from side to side.

Can i put on the floor on his tummy yet?

Daniel has finally graduated to New Born clothes and Nappies,the clothing length is perfect but a bit baggy around the body.

Doc,Is Daniel getting enough food ,he seems so hungry all the time ,what should i do ?he is on a good formula S26 ,but if you recommend something else i will be more than willing to give it a try.

All the best
Ann

Expert ImageArchive

HI Ann

Thanks for the update, it is great to hear from you. Daniel seems like a hungry little boy. He is getting enough food, but you can have a look for a milk for hungry babies – this is indicated on the tin. S26 is a good one, so you can stay with the product range.

When he is awake you can certainly put him on the floor and lie in front of him to play of talk. You can also put some interesting toys in front of him. If he does not like lying on the floor you can put him on his tummy on a pillow or over your leg, since this may be more comfortable for starters. Talk to him in adult language all the time. Tell him what you do when you are bathing or dressing him or changing the nappy. Remember they can hear and learn even if they do not communicate back. React on any sound he make and repeat it. Also pull faces and make sounds so he can hear and later copy that.

I am glad he fit into his close – he is becoming a real baby now – enjoy him.

Kind regards