Question
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/01

UPDATE

He wants to go away for the weekend with 'bad friend' (let's call him that for now. He invited me but I'm getting the feeling that he only did that because he feels he has to. After last night and after I've spilled all my feelings about it - now this?
Tells me he needs a weekend away.

And maybe he only did so because he relied on you to refuse ?
And I'm still inclined to agree with been there --- if he's so childish at 31, what decade will he be growing up ?

8
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/01

I agree.Once at 31.You should start taking you're loved one more seriously than you friends.I don't mean neglect them,but you special person should always take priority.
Just because he can't grow up,doesn't mean you have to wait for him.
I'm 23.I love going away with my friends,but my girlfriend takes priority even if she can't alway go along.If you're friends are true,they will understand this and not make you do stupid things,which I presume BAD Friend does.You don't have to screw up to have a good time.

Reply to Scrooge
Posted by: Been there | 2005/12/01

Hun - I agree with the others let him go on his weekend - - I am starting to think that maybe these two might be lovers?
Hell who knows - take this weekend to start sorting yourself out......
You could also spend the weekend finding another man - if he is not willing to grow up at 31 - he never will - ur waiting for marriage and he's flucking around,

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Or go visit sumone you have been neglecting.....

Nothing like a good social & laugh when yer a tad down

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

We do it to ourselves because of love. In my case, years later I realized it wasn't love at all.

Start organizing your weekend Pencil, movies, theathre, dinner, visiting friends. Do something about the situation, I guarantee you'll feel better immediately.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/12/01

I agree with buzz

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/01

Think that is what I should do. Maybe I should be the old self again... Hell why do we do this to ourselves...

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

I agree with Buzz... take this weekend to think about your future with the man... seems like things are never going to change here... but definitely make plans to have some fun... start dialling those friends of yours!!

Reply to ...
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

Pencil, let him go, and don't phone to check if he's okay. Let's see if he phones you instead. Line up some activity for yourself over the weekend, keep yourself busy.

Who does he love, you or bad friend? He can't take you out to dance, yet he takes bad friend away for the weekend. Pencil, you have a lot of thinking to do.

Reply to Buzz