Question
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/28

Update

Hey Cs, how was your weekend!? My weekend was abit of a weird one...so rolarcoastery....
My life is going on like normal. Got a car again, so I can do my job again like i'm supposed too. Me a mom again ect etc etc
I went to see my doc, and it was sorta like "good old times" Kinda nice.he confirmed to me that I am indeed Bipolar....I dont like to think so, he says Its typical for sumone who is, to not wanna believe it?
To give you a background, My lows used to be so low, he put me in hospital for a week after I drove me & my ex nearly into a wall......long ago....
So we yapped along, i told him that I experienced a very bad low last week, but sumhow am feeling much better since yesterday (no apparent reason) Just I have guts to face the world and life again. I can laugh again, and not every problem seems to be the end of the world anymore. I can actually think of solutions now.
And i'm not extraudenary happy, just fine....

He wants me to take medication again, but am not sure. I want to confirm with you if it would be a good thing or not.

last week could also have been just a bad blow of Pms........ I think? Cuz i get baaaaddddd episodes......he however, doesnt think so, but usually, i am a real drama queen for a week every month....
So i'm confused...How can I know for sure if its PMS or really the bad moodswings related to this bipolar thing (and I so hate that word)
Ive been fine without medication for almost a year now.
Could it be that this moodswings are comming back, I used to do pretty stupid & radical things.....mostly negative, i so dont wanna be like that again.
I am rather confused?
Thanx Cs and have a Lovely day/evening
D

Busy but not too complex ! Nothing odd about you --- who among us really wants to admit we have ANYTHING wrong with us ? Obviously the doctor who knows you and has seen you is in the best position to assess whether you'd be wise to go back on presumably mood regulating drugs. Sounds like it may be a good idea, as he thinks so.
As for distinguishing between a bipolar or other mood swing and a bout of PMS, well, was it premenstrual ? If not, it wasnt PMS. And did it clear up when menstruation began ? Then maybe PMS.
Hope that you're now over the worst of your Stop Smoking campaign --- that'd be something worthwhile to come out of this
I agree that people shouldn't sek a pilletjie for every problem ; but with some problems, even though pilletjies don't do all that's needed, they may make all the difference between us being able to do the rest, and not

2
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/28

Cp Mom, yes I did feel like the world is just tumbling down on me.
One thing went wrong, then it just didnt stop, one thing after the other & it was hard to handle.
However, it is so easy to put sumone on meds......
I think I had reason to feel low last week. Many things happened & i was under huge amount of preasure. It was also PMS week (it always feels worst then)
Friday night I c r a c ked, then i started to feel better. Sunday I was back to myself....
And i think the docs must also keep in mind that in this stressful time, i decided to stop smoking, and no matter what, i stuck to my silly decision.
I am wondering if even that didnt play a part in my unstability last week. People here by the office smoke & love to tempt me...drives me cookoo.
I mean if I must go back to meds I will....But dont believe that people should take a pilletjie for every problem.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/11/28

Dagse Delene

Ek dink dit sal nie 'n slegte ding wees om weer terug te gaan op medikasie nie.

Ek't al gesien jy word lekker bedruk somtyds en jong mens MY porra se altyd wat dit ookal vat om "normaal" en gelukkig te wees koste ten spyt: DOEN DIT.

Hoekom nie ? Waarom probeer veg teen die feit dat jy TOG maar daai pilletjies nodig het ? hmmm?

Sterkte en dankie vir al die raad altyd.

Liefde MA

Reply to CP Mom