Question
Posted by: nikita | 2004/11/17

update-

hello
firstly-thank-you so much for all the fab advice,
ive started typing at home ,so my minds busy and i dont worry all the time anymore! as for hubby and me - we still argue-but i got relly ill the other day and he was so worried about me i realized how much he loves me! i know that no matter what i do or what my situation i am a great mom. the other problem is my inlaws they told me to my face the other day that im dragging their son down and said that they interfere with the way i raise my child because it is their grandchild and have every right to say what they want-she even re-arranges my home because its not to her standard,how should i tell her to back off?
anyways im taking things one day at a time-a friend says i should go Nuzac for being so emotional,also where can i go for free councelling?
much better,nikita

nikita, Just tell her to back off. No grandparents are entitled to interfere in the upbringing of their grandchild unless there is real evidence of significant child abuse --- not merely a difference of opinion abouit how things ought to be run. Re-arranging your home is never part of their rights. Free counselling isn't too easy to find, and much depends on your specific local situation. Sometimes a local school of social work, at a University / tecknikon. or medical shool dept of psychology, can help in this way. Sometimes there are local charities / NGO's who can help.

1
Posted by: HS | 2004/11/17

Hey Nikita,
I am very happy to hear that you at least doing a little better.
Listen, sweetie, about your in-laws, you're not supposed to like them - and vice versa - fact no. 1. Although yours do sound unusually cruel.
Tell them that they either accept you AS YOU ARE, or they are not welcome in your home anymore. You may have to confront the situation head, becuase they've been cruel, so that's the languange they operate in, it will also be the language they best understand. They need to get over themselves for pete's sake!
ANd you, you just keep you head high, improvement is a great feeling, ain't it?
Good luck precious one and keep on improving - it's addictive and you are unstaoppable now that you've begun.
And be ther for your hubby, I think both of you may be taking some strain. Try be in his shoes for a day, this will help with understanding - it's what I TRY to do (not always easy), and it definitely helps more than hurts any situation.
Cheers!!! ANd best of everything of the best to you!!!

Reply to HS