Question
Posted by: CLIVE | 2004/10/04

UPDATE

HI Guys
This is just an update on what has transpired between my colleague and I. We are doing great! Our relationship is good and we have opportunities to be together some of the time although far too little for us. I am not so sure if she is going to continue to handle the situation eg. guilt etc. but in the meantime, we are happy.

I dont think anyone doubted that it would be POSSIBLE to be happy for a time. The issue was its unfairness to the other spouses, and the high likelihood that it'll break down before long, and cause misery all round. As you see, nobody objects to your being happy --- we're all for it --- but they do disagree with how you have chosen to make yourself happy at this time.

8
Posted by: ec | 2004/10/04

CLIVE - i just have to agree with all the other postings - hope 'wisdom' jumps out and hits you where it needs to be used. Good luck!

Reply to ec
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/04

Happiness built on someone elses pain only leads to such sadness. May you take your head out of the clouds long enough to see what you are doing, not only to yourselves but to those you supposedly love/d. Wake up now before you hurt yourself too much to ever be able to go back. You will loose unfortunately -- it is just a matter of time.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: jayna | 2004/10/04

come back in a few years and your post will be very different.

Reply to jayna
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/04

hi there

all i can say is " enjoy it while it last " you will need the good memories to carry you thru the tough times ahead

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Paris | 2004/10/04

I agree with Lulu. Some times you have to be cruel to be kind.

Reply to Paris
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/04

And your point is?

Did you expect me to say "Ag shame! I'm soooo happy for you, Clive! May the four of you live in blissful sneaking around for years and years to come!"??

Anyway, I'm harsh, but faithful. *smirk*

Reply to lulu
Posted by: K | 2004/10/04

I am also against extra-marital affairs but I think Lulu is a little harsh here.

Obviously Clive knows what they are doing is wrong but cannot admit it, he is expecting someone at this forum to ease his guilt.

Won't be from me either I am afraid.

Reply to K
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/04

Whatever... Nice of you to let us know your extramarital affair is going really well.

I hope your wife and her husband find out soon and destroy your little fairy tale.

Sorry, but I really think you could have kept that info to yourself.

Good luck on sorting out the mess WHEN (not if) it gets discovered.

Reply to lulu